Our clients deal with data every single day. Whether it is being created and updated internally or purchased from a third party, data is an asset, and it should be valued like any other asset within an organization. Without proper data management; however, data analysis tends to take a longer time and often requires additional effort to validate. To ensure the enterprise quality, security, and consistency of data, an organization needs data governance.
Data governance is a set of processes, policies, standards, and metrics that enable individuals within an organization to ensure that important data assets are formally managed throughout the enterprise. The first step to building a successful data governance program within an organization is understanding the people, processes, and technology within the company that perform the roles and responsibilities associated with data governance. Infoverity’s Data Governance Diagnostic Tool™ and Flexi-Frame™ methodology will accelerate this process for any organization. Our tool is divided into four critical components:
Current State Assessment
- A single, rationalized assessment representing all source systems, data flows, analytic and operational data stores, data applications, integration patterns, master data, KPI definitions, and governance structures.
Infoverity’s Data Governance Diagnostic Tool™ Benchmark
- A valuation of the customer’s performance against the eight factors of data governance, compared to industry maturity benchmarks.
Roadmap to Success
- The diagnostic output and recommendations organized by People, Process, Technology and prioritized based on business impact. This document is the input for the customer’s implementation roadmap.
Data Governance Implementation
- Infoverity’s Flexi-Frame™ Accelerator, used to implement Data Governance Solutions, has been key to the success of hundreds of projects that Infoverity has managed for customers worldwide.
Two Examples of Infoverity’s Recent Work:
- A Fortune 100 pharmaceutical distribution company had multiple data warehouses and ERP’s that led to information silos. Data and metrics were defined differently in each of the data warehouses and there was no one responsible for ensuring the consistency of this data. The business had a desire to create a collaborative organizational structure to ensure business data was created and consumed consistently across different business functions. Infoverity leveraged our proprietary Data Governance Diagnostic Tool™ to evaluate the organization across eight categories compared to best practices, summarized the results and designed an enterprise organization and operating model to drive collaboration and governance across the enterprise.
- A leading home appliance company made a large investment into the IoT space over the past five years with little focus on the downstream analytical capabilities. The organization had a desire to increase the data quality and create a culture that viewed data as an asset, not just a by-product of a connected appliance. Infoverity formalized data governance and data quality programs within their IoT program and built synchronicities between existing processes and data governance to fit the company culture. This data governance initiative resulted in an increased quality and trust of data, faster time to delivery for advanced analytics, and a cost reduction due to architecture changes within their IoT space.
Founded in 2011, Infoverity is a leading systems integrator and global provider of Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) strategy and implementation, data governance and analytics, managed services and hosting solutions that help large enterprises in the retail, consumer goods, manufacturing,financial and healthcare sectors to simplify and maximize the value of their information. Infoverity, a 100% employee-owned company, is on the Inc. 5000, is recognized by IDG’s Computerworld as one of the Best Places to Work in IT, as a Wonderful Workplace for Young Professionals and as Best Place to Work by Business First. Infoverity’s global headquarters is in Dublin, Ohio, the EMEA headquarters is in Valencia, Spain and additional offices are located in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Norway, and Russia. For more information on Infoverity solutions, visit Infoverity.com, follow @Infoverity on Twitter, or reach out to us today at Infoverity.com/contact.