by Andy Crago, Managing Consultant, Infoverity
A multi-hospital health system serving patients across central Pennsylvania was faced with the common Provider Data Management (PDM) challenges that follow any health system merger or acquisition. Provider master data was siloed in multiple systems that made it difficult for data to be shared at the health system level, including all partner network entities and physician groups. There was also the need for provider data to be validated for accuracy and consolidated into a single, centralized PDM system to increase marketing capabilities, speed-to-market and patient satisfaction.
In addition, each of the hospital’s transactional and analytical insights were siloed, presenting the following challenges for the merger:
- An inability to see physicians linked to practice location relationships
- An inability to see physician to hospital/physician group/affiliation relationships
- The need for de-duplication and one physician master list
- An inability to provide self-service analytics and easily share data assets
- No catalog or inventory of data assets across the hospital network
To address these challenges, the merged hospital network wanted to grow their data governance organization, spreading ownership to create transparency and a shared responsibility for treating data as an asset.
Infoverity’s FlexiFrame™ Provider Data Management (PDM) Accelerator
Infoverity worked closely with the hospital network’s internal IT team to deploy Infoverity’s FlexiFrame™ Provider Data Management (PDM) Accelerator which is based on the successful, rapid implementation of provider data management solutions for many of our healthcare customers.
Infoverity’s FlexiFrame™ PDM provided:
- A product roadmap to provide iterative value across the healthcare domains (provider, employee, location, patient, and reference data)
- A health system-wide physician master list from 14 provider data sources across multiple hospitals
- Data on-boarding agility and efficiencies
- Improved cross-functional reporting & analytical rollups
- Defined and stored classification of each physician’s relationships to a Location/Facility
- Data governance definitions and foundational policies
- Establishment of a data governance committee
- Enhanced Find-a-Provider search & marketing, leading to increased patient satisfaction
- Enriched, standardized and improved data quality
- A Find-a-Provider website with an enriched, deduplicated, standardized feed of mastered Provider Data
- Improved operational and executive reporting data sources
Infoverity’s FlexiFrame™PDM accelerator provides accurate, enriched, and de-duplicated
Physician HCP and HCO data. This drives improved processes and data availability across the
hospital network with these added benefits:
- Improved patient satisfaction and marketing to patients
- Extended provider/services listing
- Reduced cost/effort to marketing
- Increased patient encounters ($$$)
- Implementation of enterprise data definitions
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Improved quality care rankings
- Informed executive decision making
- Increased M&A agility
- Improved data governance in new hospital or practice inclusion
Founded in 2011, Infoverity is a leading systems integrator and global professional services firm that provides MDM and PIM Strategy and Implementation, Data Governance and Analytics, Content Management, Data Integration, Enterprise Hosting and Managed Services that help large enterprises in the retail, consumer goods, manufacturing, financial and healthcare sectors to simplify and maximize the value of their information. Infoverity, a 100% employee-owned company, is on the Inc. 5000, is recognized by IDG’s Computerworld as one of the Best Places to Work in IT, as a Wonderful Workplace for Young Professionals and as a Best Place to Work by Business First. Infoverity’s global headquarters is in Dublin, Ohio, the EMEA headquarters and Global Development Center is in Valencia, Spain and additional offices are located in Germany, and India.
For more information on Infoverity solutions, contact us today.